BEFORE INTRAVENOUS ANESTHESIA SEDATION
Alpine Oral Surgery – Grand Rapids, MI
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment. You may brush your teeth before surgery. If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Dalrymple prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- Smoking is to be avoided before and after surgery to ensure optimal healing.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves or sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Make-up, contact lenses and jewelry should not be worn on the day of surgery. Dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you develop an illness such as a cold, sore throat, upset stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office a soon as possible prior to your appointment.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and escort the patient home.
- Plan to rest for the remainder of the day and make arrangements for someone to stay with you at home for the day.